Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Hello Goldfish

A painting inspired by the fish tank we set up over the weekend. I found myself obssessed and unable to stop staring at those poor frightened goldfish. "In a month, " Monk said "they will swim to the top when you get close." "just like the movie! " I yelled excitedly " in "Children of Heaven", when the boy dips his feet into the pond after failing to win a pair of shoes for his sister, a group of goldfish swim to the top and surrounded his blister-covered feet as if caressing them and soothing his pain.

2 comments:

  1. Layla! Your art is freaking phenomenal! When and where is your art available to see in person? Do you have any shows coming up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Blake! I'm in the process of moving into a studio so I can show my art more. You are doing lots of amazing work too lately. Let's show our art together.

      Delete